Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wings Over America



OK, so this is where is kinda starts for me. Although its a relatively late in the era of things I'm really into, how can you not love a 3-lp live album with a gatefold painting of the band?! I own 6 different copies of this, all found at garage sales. Everyone of them has some tracks that are more scratched than others, so I've assembled from them what I consider to be the best from each. I got the japanese import CD a few years back, but the mastering was pretty abysmal in comparison to the Parlophone original. Just listen to "Go Now" on the LP, you can hear so much more detail in the brass section. Oh yeah, also some of the best songs ever written :)

Wings - Wings Over America
Parlophone 1976

1 comment:

  1. true! the gatefold painting is the greatest! my favorite Wings album. "Let Me Roll It" here is the definitive recording. i also have Wings Over America song book which also has this painting. found ofcourse, too at a yard sale.

    ReplyDelete